5 Common Examples of medical malpractice
what are common examples of medical malpractice
the treatment you receive depends on the specific injury illness or other medical condition you are experiencing, therefore the types of medical negligence, which can cause injuries or damage to your health can vary widely, however some of the most common examples of medical malpractice include the following.
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose : before you can receive treatment a doctor must observe your symptoms listen to your concerns and perform the proper tests in order to form a correct diagnosis if a medical worker fails to diagnose your condition then you may not be able to receive the treatment you need in a timely manner on the other hand if you are diagnosed with the wrong condition then you may receive treatment that you do not need at all and which can cause you harm in either case your true illness or condition may worsen possibly beyond hope of treatment.
- Surgical errors this is an error during surgery that can cause :
- A.severe internal and/or external injuries including
- brain and nerve damage this can result in physical impairment loss of limbs or dangerous infections in some cases a second surgery may be necessary to repair the damage.
- Prescription medication errors : sometimes a doctor may prescribe the wrong medication to treat your condition on the other hand a pharmacist may also negligently fill your prescription giving you the wrong medication or the incorrect dosage this can cause severe side effects poisoning and even wrongful death additionally doctors and pharmacists should consult your medical history and current medications you are taking to ensure that the drugs do not interact negatively.
- Incorrect reading of lab results medical professionals such as radiologists must take care in interpreting test results otherwise the result may be a misdiagnosis or unnecessary treatment.
- Failure to properly monitor patient : doctor nurses must monitor certain patients very closely especially during surgical procedures and childbirth failure to do so can cause debilitating injuries including preventable birth injuries.
If you think you have a medical malpractice claim do not hesitate to have a qualified lawyer review the situation as soon as possible if you have further questions feel free to submit a contact form to ask the lawyers calm